Sunday, October 3, 2010

Airplane View and Grace


Here's some photos that I took from the airplane while flying from Helsinki to Copenhagen. When I travel by airplane and get to watch out from the window and see humans down on earth smaller than a speck of dust, it makes me think about this verse in the Bible:

"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?" (Psalm 8:3-4, ESV)

That thought produces in me thankfulness and praise to God for his lovingkindness toward me. He created me and gave me life, but I have still rebelled against Him and broken His laws and trusted in my own goodness rather than His righteousness. God would have been just to punish me for my sins, the only thing I really deserve is death and eternal condemnation in hell. But still He sent His Son to live a perfect life and to die on the cross taking my punishment upon Himself. He saved me even though I don't deserve it. He loves me even though I don't deserve it. He cares for me even though I don't deserve it. It's all because of His grace toward me in Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior.

I hope these photos can communicate something of that feeling of how small we are as creatures and how great our Creator is, He who created us and upholds the universe by the word of his power. (Hebrews 1:3, ESV)





1 comment:

Matti said...

Kauniita kuvia ihmeellisestä luomakunnasta, joka julistaa Luojansa kunniaa.